Tuesday, August 08, 2006

@ the Sugar Cane Shop

Through the traffic we went zooming past a Merc and BMW( sports version).
On the way, the brakes screeched , bringing the 150 cc machine to a halt and we were ready to pounce the glass of sugar cane juice, finish it off in that big gulp - One Sip and the Glass should be empty type. It was a bogie this time too.



A little chap was there working with his cane. He,just like any of us was eager to go through the candy all alone.He had a Saw larger than him,to chop the cane.Cudnt stop myself from clicking a snap then. The click, took him by surprise and he came towards me in a flash. I was caught on the wrong foot by that 25 metre dash of his. Cleaning his face with his T- Shirt( nothing strange about that in India) he posed for me with a cute smile and justered me take a snap of his.Once done,he pulled my arm down, looked at the snap,smiled once again and dashed away to grab his cane, from his father - the shop keeper and continued his tussle with it.

This moment will always remain with me, scribed among the front pages of my memory.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

amazing. i am talking abt story and the way u presented it.

Deepak said...

thanks machuus!! :)

Anonymous said...

neeyokke blog-aan thudangiyo...entammo....
-Moitheensha aka muttan aka dolby aka ikkakka aka moithu aka moitheen aka no:24 aka sha

Deepak said...

neeyokkey ethivalinju nokkum ennu njan karuthiyo muttaaa !!!